My second time on the Newsworthy with Norsworthy podcast talking with host Luke Norsworthy about my latest book The Slavery of Death.
(If the embed code isn't working follow the link above.)
Podcast topics include:
- Why I write such depressing books. Or what I call "The Death Trilogy."
- How I discovered Thérèse of Lisieux.
- Luke coins the term "Jumped the Horse."
- How "illusions of immortality" affect us.
- The distinction between basic and neurotic anxiety.
- The "shame-based fear of being ordinary" (Brene Brown).
- If "acquisitiveness" is a word I made up for the book.
- I play a game trying to connect lust and pride to death anxiety.
- A weird discussion about the show "The Bachelor."
- How our identities rest upon a "lie."
- How death anxiety makes me check blog statistics.
- The Orthodox view of sin.
- The cultivation of an eccentric identity.
- Prayer and doxological gratitude.
- How the experience of grace helps us give our lives away.
- Why everyone is "fine" at church. And why everyone is lying about that.
- Why I got my hair cut and Jana's suspicion that I'm trying to dress like a homeless person.