Father's Day Podcast: Newsworthy with Norsworthy

For this Friday out ahead of this Father's Day Luke Norsworthy and I discuss mothers, fathers, and gender roles in the church (click link if embed code below isn't working for you).


By the way, Luke's podcast is developing into one of the best things on the internet. Check out his recent interviews with the likes of Peter Rollins, Ian Morgan Cron, Francis Spufford, Zach Lind, Jonathan Merritt, Sarah Bessey, Shane Hipps, Scot McKnight, John Ortberg, and Barbara Brown Taylor.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

10 thoughts on “Father's Day Podcast: Newsworthy with Norsworthy”

  1. I've been listening! Good podcast Luke has going on there. And he's in my neck of the woods!

  2. Dallas/Richardson border. (Coit/Arapaho). You're up around Denton, right?

  3. In many families the father’s primary service to the family (material provision) takes place outside of the home and is largely unobserved by the family. Less witness might equal less recognition – even by grown up children who become pastors. Just another though to add to the list.


    Thank you for your blog and writing Richard. It has encouraged this father beyond measure. The Slavery of Death in particular has affected me profoundly. Happy Father’s Day!

  4. I enjoy listening to your podcast as well, Luke. I appreciate the variety of topics discussed and the diversity of guests, as well as the thought-provoking questions you ask (with a respectful demeanor).

  5. Thanks so much Judy. I appreciate the feedback. I hope you like the new one I'm posting today with Peter Enns.

  6. Good one, Luke! Great discussion. I appreciate Pete's scholarship in historical analysis, and his calm and assuring approach to "all things evangelical."

  7. Thanks Judy. After reading his work I expected his scholarship to be great, but I was really impressed with his insight about integrating faith and scholarship together.

Leave a Reply