Personal Days: Husband to a Drama Teacher

If you've been following these Friday posts you'll recall that my wife, Jana, is a High School theater teacher. This summer Jana and I will have been married 25 years, and for most of those years I've been helping Jana with her productions.

I've painted sets. Moved sets. Built sets.

I've attended rehearsals and given notes.

I've run sound and lights.

I've designed programs and handed out programs.

I've worked the ticket booth and the concession stand.

And famously one year, when a student got injured the night before a show, I stepped in and performed in a show. I memorized the lines in between the scenes.

This last week, it was hot gluing book pages to drops.

That's life as the husband of a drama teacher.

Tonight is Jana's last show of the year. Little Women opens tonight at Abilene Community Theater. Doors open at 7:30.

Pictured above is Jana and I at ACT, pondering the set of Little Women. This show is also a poignant one for the Becks as it'll be Brenden's last show with his Mom.

There will be lots of happy/sad tears.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply