Journal Week 38: The Local Church

I do a lot of speaking on the weekends. I'm not a huge fan of traveling, and it can wear. But for the most part, I find my speaking engagements deeply life-giving.

It's mainly because I spend most of my time speaking to local churches, from all sorts of denominations. I've seen just about every church there is, from small struggling churches to huge mega churches. I've been with traditional, establishment churches and with experimenting church plants.

I love spending time with local churches. I love staying in homes, conversations about God over meals, and sharing in worship.

Conferences, books, blogs, and podcasts are all wonderful things. But the heartbeat of the kingdom of God is the local church. A specific address where a collection of disciples--sinners and misfits all--are trying to live into the ways of Jesus.

To all those churches who have invited me into your lives over the years, Thank You. You have blessed me beyond words. May God continue to bless you with peace, strength, courage, joy, hope, mercy, endurance, and love. And may our paths cross again soon.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply