Journal Week 39: Charm Bracelet

I like to wear a religious medal around my neck. And I've collected a few over the years. St. Benedict. St. Michael. St. Francis. St. Thérèse of Lisieux. St. Christopher. Various crucifixes.

For my 50th birthday, though, Jana commissioned a medal from our dear friend Becky Crow. Today I wear an Agnus Dei medal designed by Becky. And do check out her work.

So since my birthday I've found myself with all these extra medals. What to do with them? I still want to look at them. For me, each one is a prayer when I look at it.

So what does one do with extra religious medals?

Well, a solution hit me last week. A charm bracelet!

Our local James Avery story had a leather bracelet that fit the bill, and I attached my St. Francis and St. Thérèse of Lisieux medals to it. It's pictured here.

Anyway, I thought this might be a good idea to share for anyone else in the world who is sitting on a collection of religious medals they don't know what to do with.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply