Everyone Already Knows All the Answers

One of the things that wears me down about Christian writing on social media, from both progressives and evangelicals, is that everyone already knows all the answers.

Seriously, if you're a evangelical, there's nothing for you to learn or give you pause. You already know all the answers. You know exactly what is right and what is wrong.

Alternatively, if you're a progressive, there's nothing for you to learn or give you pause. You already know all the answers. You know exactly what is right and what is wrong.

I've stopped reading a lot of social media feeds for one very simple reason. If you're an evangelical, I don't need to read you, because I already know what you're going to say. As an evangelical, you will say evangelical things. Alternatively, if you're a progressive, I don't need to read you, because I already know what you're going to say. As a progressive, you will say progressive things.

And I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm just saying I already know what you are going to say.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply