Theological Influences: Thérèse of Lisieux

One or two reviewers of Stranger God have described it as a popularization of Unclean. But that's only partly true.

Yes, there's some overlap in the first chapters of Stranger God with Unclean. But in my eyes, what makes Stranger God distinctive and unique is its second half. Stranger God is my book about Thérèse of Lisieux and her Little Way.

If we're gauging by day to day impact, the influence that most affects my thoughts, actions and decisions in day to day life, I would argue that no one has had a greater impact on my life than Thérèse.

If you want to get to the heart and soul of my spiritual practice, I am, quite simply, a practitioner of the Little Way. And I preach it far and wide.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply