An Evening of Trains, Jesus, and Murder: Part 1, Introduction

This summer it was my absolute privilege to attend again the Host gathering on Jersey Island. This was the third Host gathering, and it has proved itself to be one of the most stimulating and soul-filling experiences I've had the honor to share.

The first evening of Host this summer was devoted to an evening of theological reflection and music. My partner for the evening was David Benjamin Blower, musician, author, and co-host of the Nomad podcast.

The evening took its title from my latest book Trains, Jesus and Murder: The Gospel According to Johnny Cash. I shared theological reflections from the book about the life and musical legacy of the Man and Black, and David played Cash covers. Paul Milbank, the curator of Host, had the event filmed and I'd like to share some clips from the evening.

To start, the introduction to the evening:



Be sure to check out Trains, Jesus and Murder: The Gospel According to Johnny Cash. More clips to come from our evening at Host!

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply