Some of these reflections have been about monsters.
Many have been about the existential aspects of Halloween.
In fact, many of these reflections made their way into Unclean, where I talk about monsters in Part 2 and about how mortality fears fuel body ambivalence in Part 3 (which, I think, is a lot of what is going on in Halloween). And some of this material has made its way into my upcoming book The Slavery of Death.
Have a blessed and Happy Halloween. A collection of reflections for the day:
- My Ghostbusting Adventures with Students (Part 1, Part 2)
- Memento Mori
- Monsters in Modernity (with a link to Michael Jackson's Thriller video!)
- Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
- The Gospel According to Lady Gaga (a meditation on showing hospitality to "monsters")
- Monsters Under the Bed (from the Theology of Calvin in Hobbes series)
- The Great Pumpkin (from the Theology of Peanuts series)
- Adam's First Wife (where you learn about about night hags and the succubus)
- The Wicked (Wicked as in the Broadway musical about the Wicked Witch of the West)
- The Theology of Monsters series (seven posts in all)
- Talking with the Dead (a Halloween chapel talk)
- In Defense of Halloween (an article I wrote for ACU's student newspaper)
- On Harry Potter and Vampire Movies
- Uncle Richard, Vampire Hunter