Journal Week 26: Jonathan Storment

Our church is losing our pastor. Many of you know Jonathan Storment from his blog at Patheos, from his guest posting on Scot McKnight's blog Jesus Creed, or from his appearances on Luke Norsworthy's podcast.

Jonathan is leaving our church in Abilene to serve a church in Arkansas, and he's leaving for good, beautiful, and holy reasons.

I'm going to miss Jonathan terribly. Over the last eight years we've become dear friends, a friendship built around our shared passion for the kingdom of God and the local church.

When we get back to the states, Jonathan and his family will have already moved back to Arkansas, so we've said our goodbyes early. But it makes me sad to think about coming home and to church and not having my friend in the pulpit on Sunday.

I love you, my friend, and I'll miss you. My prayer for you as you start a new chapter in your life are these words from St. Paul (Romans 15.13):
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply