Kim Fabricius, Rest in Peace

Kim Fabricius, who has been such a huge part of this blog community, has unexpectedly passed away. Please take the time to read Ben Myers' post about Kim at the Faith and Theology blog where Kim wrote.

Many of us here at Experimental Theology have been blessed by Kim's participating in the comments section. He encouraged, educated, challenged, and provoked us. This blog will be the poorer without Kim.

I am grateful that Kim once endorsed one of my books, and that I got to return the favor for Kim's book of hymns, Paddling By the Shore.

Dear brother, for everyone here at Experimental Theology, you will be missed.

I am Resurrection and I am Life, says the Lord.
Whoever has faith in me shall have life,
even though he die.
And everyone who has life,
and has committed himself to me in faith,
shall not die for ever.

As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives
and that at the last he will stand upon the earth.
After my awaking, he will raise me up;
and in my body I shall see God.
I myself shall see, and my eyes behold him
who is my friend and not a stranger.

For none of us has life in himself,
and none becomes his own master when he dies.
For if we have life, we are alive in the Lord,
and if we die, we die in the Lord.
So, then, whether we live or die,
we are the Lord’s possession.

Happy from now on
are those who die in the Lord!
So it is, says the Spirit,
for they rest from their labors.

--The Book of Common Prayer

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply