Blood Medleys, the Devil and Good Transcendence?

I'm back over at Luke Norsworthy's podcast this week. Here's the link.

We spend much of our time talking about, in relation to Luke's most recent podcast with Peter Rollins, the possibility of good transcendence and good certainty. We then go on to talk about penal substitutionary atonement and the "blood medley" from old time hymnbooks. And lastly, we talk about the Devil and my upcoming book Reviving Old Scratch--soon to be the #1 New Release in Demonology!--to tease what's shaping up to be a very exciting book launch event the first week of May in Malibu.

And by the way, given that this is Passion Week, here are some of the songs from the blood medley I sang growing up. And like I said in the podcast, I still have great affection for these songs. Anyone remember these?
"Nothing but The Blood"
What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

"Victory In Jesus"
I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory.

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.

"There's Power in the Blood"
Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There’s pow’r in the blood, pow’r in the blood;
Would you o’er evil a victory win?
There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood.

There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder-working pow’r
In the blood of the Lamb;
There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder-working pow’r
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply