The Bible Project: The Read Scripture App

I'm a big fan of The Bible Project. They make very good videos for Bible study, brief overviews of all the books of the Bible, along with thematic videos. If you teach Bible classes at all, be sure to check them out.

Today I'm writing to share how pleased I've been with The Bible Project's Read Scripture App. I've always wanted to read the Bible through in a year, but I always end up getting stuck in the middle of Leviticus. But with the Read Scripture App, which I started the first Sunday of Advent, I'm just humming along. What is nifty about the App is how the reading plan follows the story of the Bible and how they use The Bible Project videos to set up, guide and orient you through the books. All that helps give you a narrative GPS when you feel lost in the middle of a book like Leviticus or reading an obscure prophetic book.

You can see the whole reading plan here (PDF). And the App is free.

All that to say, if you've ever wanted to read the Bible from cover to cover, in a year or at your own pace, you should check out the Read Scripture App.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply