Theological Influences: The Ingredients of Your Soup

The other day I was pondering my theological journey. The image of a homemade soup came to mind. All sorts of ingredients mixed in to make something distinctive and unique. And you have cooked up your own soup, all sorts of influences mixing to create your unique way of thinking about God.

As I pondered, I started to list out all the "ingredients" that make up my theological soup. Having made the list I thought I'd launch a series of posts sharing each influence and how it has affected me.

As you journey with me you might want to ponder your own soup, all the ingredients you've thrown into the pot to cook up your unique and particular theological take on God, the Bible, human beings and the world.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply