How Does a Follower of Jesus Relate To...?

In preparing for a DMin class on discipleship and spiritual formation I was teaching this summer I was doodling in my notebook, pondering the question "How does a follower of Jesus relate to...?" Below was the list I created:

money

power

politics

polarization

time

work

the poor

the marginalized, the vulnerable, the oppressed

war and peace

the lost

the world

enemies

the church

migrants and refugees

citizenship

the Bible

the Old Testament

the New Testament

our body

health care

mental health care

gender relations

social media

the natural world

doctrine

church tradition

science

family

singleness

marriage

strangers

world religions

technology

God the Father

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

nationality

death and dying

life

capitalism

ethnicity

erotic desire and sexual relations

friendship

the future

food

alcohol and drug use

my neighborhood

my city

my past, present, and future

What would you add?

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply